- ► 2014 (27)
- ► 2013 (22)
- ▼ March (6)
Cricket World Cup 2011
- ICC Cricket World Cup Schedule
- India Wins the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup - Final - 02-04-2011
- India beat Pakistan by 29 runs - 2nd SF - 30-03-2011
- Sri Lanka beat New Zealand by 5 wickets - 1st SF - 29-03-2011
- Sri Lanka Crushed England by 10 wickets - 4th QF - 26-03-2011
- New Zealand beat South Africa by 49 runs - 3rd QF- 25-03-2011
- India beat Australia by 5 wickets - 2nd QF - 24-03-2011
Coo-host Sri Lanka passed strong signal to opponents with superb performance from both bat and ball as they beat England by 10 wickets with 63 balls remaining, in the 4th QF of 2011 CWC on Saturday, 26th March at Colombo. Sri Lanka will now take New Zealand in the 1st Semi-Final on Tuesday, 29th March at Colombo.
England after winning the toss got a bad start but Trott hit 86 runs put 91 runs for the 4th wicket with Morgan who hit 50 runs, but unable to scored quick runs even at the end due to good bowling by Sri Lanka bowlers as Murali took 2 wickets.
Sri Lankan openers then dominated and chased the runs without loosing any wickets as Dilshan hit 108* runs off 115 balls with 10 fours and 2 sixes and Tharanga made 102 not out runs off 122 balls with 12 fours and a six.
England - 229/6 in 50 overs (Trott 86, Morgan 50, Muralitharan 2-54)
Sri Lanka - 231/0 in 39.3 overs (Dilshan 108*, Tharanga 102*)
Toss - England won the toss and elected to bat first.
Man of the Match - Tilakratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka)
Result - Sri Lanka won by 10 wickets (with 63 balls remaining)
Kenya were 102-2 at one stage but bowled out on 144 runs as Lasith Maling took a hat-trick with 1 wicket on the last ball and 2 wickets in the 1st 2 balls of next over and Dilshan 44 runs and Tharanga 67* runs not out chased the target in 18.4 overs and Sri Lanka moves on top in Group A.